Question Dell Battery Cable pinout

Jun 25, 2021
Hello
About a year ago I bought a used laptop without battery. Product model is Dell latitude E5250. And due to the constant use of the charger as a power supply, the laptop BIOS had a serious problem. After getting it repaired, I bought the battery (P/N:RYXXH), but there was no cable to connect the battery to the motherboard in the package & I couldn't find the cable at any local store. it's middle east :(

Does anyone know the pinout of this cable? Or the battery and motherboard connector? So I can DIY the wiring from battery to the motherboard. I could not find anything useful on the web about this pinouts!
Similar models are: Latitude E5270, E5450, E5470, E5550, E5570

Any help is highly appreciated. Even the name/type of connectors that are used in this cable.

https://ibb.co/MGKQPs3

Jun 25, 2021
I know this is on Amazon & eBay and similar shops.
But where I live, there is no international credit card! Bank cards working locally. International post companies do not deliver packages here! PayPal blocked us due to sanctions. Even this website we are talking now has been filtered by the government and I am using VPN. I do not think the situation is understandable to anyone. I have to DIY this cable myself

Anyway, thank you for your fast reply 🙏

But the thing I didn't understand is that you said the Bios had problem because you use the power adapter, it's couldn't be true, I have at least two laptops running for more than 10 years on power adapter, the batteries are long dead and thrown away.

The only kind of problem that could happens to the Bios is that the Bios's backup battery is dead and must be replaced or the computer won't start.

81jbiOwMFyL._AC_SX450_.jpg

Reactions: moribatar
Jun 25, 2021
Thanks lvt for your response
We have frequent power outages here. When there is no battery, you can not be sure of proper shutdown. And I've seen many laptops in last years that needed to reinstall bios because of sudden power outages. Also I always care about bios's backup battery life.

What I meant by asking this question in this thread was that maybe some user of the same model could check and present the cable pinout. Why should there be no information about the pinouts of such cables on the Internet??

falkens

Commendable
Nov 6, 2018
Hi, I‘ve a similar problem, no cable, don‘t want to buy one, will diy.
But I‘ve the Pinout of the battery, if this is of any help, I can tell here. Unfortunately I do not know by now if the cable is simply a 1:1 Pinning to the MB.