Question Dell G5 fans being really loud

Avaninja

Commendable
Aug 23, 2018
Me and my sister share a Dell G5 laptop and the temps have been getting super high lately, plus the fans are going super loud.

Our model is a Dell G5 with a GTX 1060, Intel Core I7 8750 H and has a 100 gb c drive, and a 1 tb solid state hard drive. I have checked the temps using RTTemp and it's measuring 85-91 when gaming, and this is playing Big Paintball(Roblox) at about medium settings (i could easily go max settings if i wanted to.)

It also goes super loud when opening a browser tab or doing premiere pro. I have dell support warranty but i don't think its any use calling them. How can i fix this?

It's bothering her recording and the mic is picking up the fans as a buzz.

Apr 6, 2020
Bring it back to the store where you bought it. If you bought it online, call the customer service of that store. Don't try to fix the hardware by yourself, otherwise you will lose your warranty.

Avaninja

Commendable
Aug 23, 2018
Bring it back to the store where you bought it. If you bought it online, call the customer service of that store. Don't try to fix the hardware by yourself, otherwise you will lose your warranty.
I’ve had this laptop for over a year now and I haven’t had this issue . Fan noise does not come up so solved