Question Dell G7 7790 Internal speakers and microphone not working

Jul 19, 2020
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some audio issues on my new dell g7 laptop.

I'm having issues with the internal speakers and microphone not working, when switching the laptop on sometimes.

I have the speaker icon with a red x next to it, when going into the sound settings to select the playback device its just showing Nvidia high definition output and not the internal speakers.
If I restart the laptop sometimes the sound works and the internal speakers show in the sound settings, displayed as high definition audio or something along those lines.

I'm also having a similar issue with the internal microphone. When going into the sounds settings and under the recording tab, it says no audio devices are installed. Also, when connecting external speakers or microphone its not recognising those either.

I'm running windows 10 home edition. I have updated the BIOS, drivers and the issue is still occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2020
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some audio issues on my new dell g7 laptop.

I'm having issues with the internal speakers and microphone not working, when switching the laptop on sometimes.

I have the speaker icon with a red x next to it, when going into the sound settings to select the playback device its just showing Nvidia high definition output and not the internal speakers.
If I restart the laptop sometimes the sound works and the internal speakers show in the sound settings, displayed as high definition audio or something along those lines.

I'm also having a similar issue with the internal microphone. When going into the sounds settings and under the recording tab, it says no audio devices are installed. Also, when connecting external speakers or microphone its not recognising those either.

I'm running windows 10 home edition. I have updated the BIOS, drivers and the issue is still occurring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!

Hi,
I have the same problem.

Do you find a solution?