[SOLVED] Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Questions

Jun 27, 2020
steamcommunity.com
Trying not to lose my mind here.

I bought this laptop maybe three years back. It was supposed to be a budget laptop and I still somewhat see it being that. Just after putting in more RAM and another SSD, of course.

So these are the specs .

System :
Windows 10 64-bit
16384 MB
721.13 GB Storage
16 GB RAM

Processor :
Intel Core i5-7300HQ
2500 MHz

Graphics :
Intel(R) HD Graphics 630
350 MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
1493 MHz

I'm honestly not the most knowledgeable when it comes to this kind of stuff, and so I guess that's why I'm coming here for help. Because my laptop's done okay with almost every demanding game I've played on it (could probably view my Steam library for that), but then Borderlands 3 came out and forced my laptop into showing it's true colors; game stutters like hell in gun fights with lots of freezes between that usually last a little over ten seconds. Just. Overall not a good time. So I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can do to alleviate this issue or if it's just a tough <Mod Edit> sort of scenario. I really just need some help.

I plan to get a new laptop before the end of the year. It's the Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 with the Ryzen 9, not 7. Ideally the one that will release on the fifteenth of next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Are you having these issues on any detail setting? Have you checked the laptop vendor support site for newer drivers? Do not use ones from nVidia directly, that can break the dual graphics support on your system.