[SOLVED] Dell monitor flickers randomly

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
i have a problem with my dell monitor (model S2721DGFA) and i cant figure out why it happens or if its my fault. So after a while the monitor starts flickering as shown at the image. First time it did it after 6+ hours of usage but now it happens in shorter period of time. I tried changing my displayport cable, unpluging it, turning on and off the monitor, changing windows display settings and changing monitor settings. Nothing helped! The problem continues even after i unplug my pc. It goes away only after i turn off the monitor for a while. It seems like something is overheating. Its very strange because the monitor is very new. Only 1 month of usage. I am using an RTX 3060 ti but as i said the problem is there even after i unplug the display cables. What could have caused this? Any help or info is will be appreciated!
270625912-947832982775049-8535383436505936869-n.jpg

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd try and pair the monitor to a known error free (donor)system to see if the issue crops up there. At the same time, source another panel and see if the issue is persistent on your system. If the monitor you have is exhibiting the same issue on a donor system regardless of input and cables used, then RMA the monitor.

I'd also ask you to mention your specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
thanks for th welcome and sorry for replying late. I wanted to test the monitor further.
So my build is :
CPU: intel i5 11400
Motherboard: MSI 590 pro
Ram: 16 gb 3200 corsair
SSD/HDD: 1TB kingston SSD , 250gb western digital SSD , 1TB TOSHIBA HDD
GPU: RTX 3060 ti
PSU: 800 W bronze rating
Chassis:

So as i said i tweaked my settings a little more to see if the problem goes away and it did! Previously i had my desktop hz ratio to 165 (maximum). I changed that to 60 hz and in game ( i was playing gta V at that time) i set the ratio to 120 hz although i dont think that in game ratio matters. Turning g-sync on/off doesnt affect the flickering either although Dell reccomended to have it on only in games that support it. Does the monitor keeps any setting while the pc is off? Why did the flickering continue when the pc was disconnected?

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2022
Hello ,
i post again with the the final verdict. Discard my previous post as it had nothing to do with refresh rate. The problem is in the monitor itself. As strange as it may sounds, it has something to do with the electrical hardware because the monitor is affected either from the cold temperature or the humidity of my room. The moment i open the airconditioning the flickering stops completely. Thats a temporary fix of course. The replacement is on the way.

TRENDING THREADS