[SOLVED] Dell Precision M6700 bluetooth cable

Mar 8, 2019
I have just bought a Dell Precision M6700.. Its an older laptop but its a nice powerful laptop for developing purposes. Anyhow, I decided to try and get the bluetooth option, since it did not come with it. I bought the bluetooth card from parts-people. This was a link directly from Dell. It came in the mail. I went to install it, but realized that I do not have the cable. The part didn't come with it either. Searching around the web, nobody, I mean nobody, has this cable. The original cable looks like this. Someone else (found on another forum) had asked about using one similar here. They look similar but one is longer than the other.. Cant really find the exact specification on them. I have asked Dell (1-800), but that was a waste of time, we went in circles. Basically, I could not get information on whether or not there is alternatives to the OEM. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would really like to get the bluetooth functionality on this machine.

Mar 8, 2019
Yeah, I suppose that would work. I guess I was wanting to just get the hardware working. However, nobody seems to have the cable anymore. Crazy. Maybe just a dongle would be sufficient. Thanks