Question Dell Xps 8930 To New Case+

Nov 21, 2019
Hello, i currently have a dell xps 8930 and would like to upgrade my case to a CORSAIR Carbide series 175R but i dont know if the components will fit into the new case

I will also be making some upgrades to the graphics (1050ti to rtx2070) and installing a 1tb SSD

if someone knows if this will work and fit together let me know! :)

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
First and foremost I would check to see if the motherboard is using 'standard' connectors or 'proprietary' connectors for the front panel. It is really common to see them have some whack a do power switch, among other things. My understanding is that there are some adapters.
The other thing I would look into is whether that mobo is BIOS locked to a specific set of graphics cards. An issue I ran into with an XPS some years ago.

Probably consider a new cooler, as I also recall them using some strange blower housing for the case.

All things added up it may be worthwhile to remove your CPU and move it to a standard mobo with the connectors and features you want inside the new case.
Side note, I have had WONDERFUL luck with repurposing Dell PSU over the years. They generally use good rated ones.