Question dell

Sep 3, 2019
Recently I bought a laptop and after a few days of use, the power on switch would not switch on the laptop. I took it to the seller and he got it going by continuously pressing the power on switch for 15 seconds or more. A few days later the power on switch failed again and when I took it to the seller, he got it going again by pressing the power on switch for 15 seconds or more.

What I would like to know is what could be causing the power on switch to fail in such way?

I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Because the vendor believes it is a virus that is causing it. So I wanted to get the opinion of others.
The vendor believes a virus is causing it? Sounds like they don't want to replace it. My advice is, once you get it turned back on, to download a free antivirus and run a full scan, just to be sure. If they think it is a virus and you've done your due diligence then they need to run a scan on it themselves. Preferably right there with you watching. I'll bet you it isn't a virus. Then demand a replacement because it is definitely broken. They just don't want to deal with it and that isn't right.

Reactions: King_V