Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

There must be a registry key to deny the local user to
change time without AD being installed. I would like to
deploy this key as a script across the network.

Why: Everytime users change time on local machine,
syncronisation errors occur with main servers. Due to
nature of business, that could cause enterprisewide
delays or failures possible Server freeses and crashes.

Any Ideas please <mailto:geashworth@hotmail.com> :-,

You can change it uisng the ntrights tool from the 2003 server resource kit.
Download the resource kit
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

And use the following command

ntrights -r SeSystemtimePrivilege -u domainormachinename\accountorgroup

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Grant" <geashworth@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> There must be a registry key to deny the local user to
> change time without AD being installed. I would like to
> deploy this key as a script across the network.
>
> Why: Everytime users change time on local machine,
> syncronisation errors occur with main servers. Due to
> nature of business, that could cause enterprisewide
> delays or failures possible Server freeses and crashes.
>
> Any Ideas please <mailto:geashworth@hotmail.com> :-,

Grant

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2004

Thanks Mark
The Windows 2003 Resource Kit tool NTRIGHTS, worked a
real treat!

I really must upgrade my certs to 2k3!
lol

Thanks Again!