Info Despite Build 2019 Absence, Don't Worry About Windows

Feb 14, 2019
I am still ticked off that they got rid of Windows phone/support for Win 10 on ones still out their. I wanted to stay away from iPhones (partly due to not allowing memory cards, so limited storage on phone), and the google store to get anything (I refuse to sign up for anything google). So, windows was perfect and synced with my computer, was relatively easy to use, but was limited in apps. But, I think in the US the cell companies screwed them also, because on Verizon I could never find their best phones only the lower tier ones and they were limited on other companies also. Now they are messing with Windows (I still have 7), with this cloud crap. Ahhh, Linux may start looking good.

Jagwired

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2015
If Nadella had his way, Microsoft wouldn't make hardware (Surface or Xbox) or Windows. The margins are higher on cloud services and apps. He wants to compete with Oracle and IBM, not Google and Apple.

owen420_30

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I am still ticked off that they got rid of Windows phone/support for Win 10 on ones still out their. I wanted to stay away from iPhones (partly due to not allowing memory cards, so limited storage on phone), and the google store to get anything (I refuse to sign up for anything google). So, windows was perfect and synced with my computer, was relatively easy to use, but was limited in apps. But, I think in the US the cell companies screwed them also, because on Verizon I could never find their best phones only the lower tier ones and they were limited on other companies also. Now they are messing with Windows (I still have 7), with this cloud crap. Ahhh, Linux may start looking good.

yes because your living in the past....

windows phone is dead

windows 7 is dead

stop using hardware from 10 years ago and expect support

microsoft has moved onto apps/support for android, they know windows phone was never going anywhere the world either runs on iOS or Android when it comes to smart phones.

g-unit1111

Titan

I never understood the appeal of having cell phone apps and an app store on a desktop PC in the first place. Cell phone apps are made for touch screens and they look ridiculously out of place on a desktop and laptop. I do get the appeal of being able to make calls from your PC, but the apps and app store can go as far as I'm concerned.

g-unit1111

Titan
yes because your living in the past....

windows phone is dead

windows 7 is dead

stop using hardware from 10 years ago and expect support

microsoft has moved onto apps/support for android, they know windows phone was never going anywhere the world either runs on iOS or Android when it comes to smart phones.

Windows Phone was a great operating system at the time, it is a shame that it got no support. Microsoft had a Windows phone that came out back I want to say in 2013 that actually had some solid specs for that time but it was a shame that no carriers wanted to use or promote it.