DEVICE INTERFERENCE

AntarcticHorizon

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I'm having huge problems browsing, gaming etc. due to wi-fi interference problems. The problem is, there are many devices connected to my household's wifi modem at the same time. If more than one device is using the net, my ping to a local server address (eg. 10.0.0.1) jumps from about 10ms straight to 2000ms+.

I understand that I can COLLECTIVELY change the wifi network channel from 1-11 to avoid interference from other access points, but the problem persists since all the devices are connected to the single access point.

My question is this: Besides going out and buying an ethernet cable, how can I reduce the interference through the single access point which is causing package loss/extreme latency issues?

At the moment, I can't play my favourite online game, and the latency is so bad it crashes google chrome... Please help :(

If you have a QoS setting in your routers internal settings you can set it with your computers Mac address and give it high priority. You can also instead add the game to the list and give it priority , but the computers Mac address is easier to do.