[SOLVED] Device manager is refreshing every ~7 Minutes and I don't know why

Dec 8, 2021
About every 7 minutes I see my device manager flicker, and I have reason to believe this refresh is causing problems in other applications. I would like to try and figure out what is causing this to happen and put a stop to it. I am running windows 10 on a custom built PC.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-8600k
GPU: RTX 2080 Super
Motherboard: ASUS prime z389-a
RAM: 32 gb
PSU: 650w

I have:

used a 3rd party device manager (Devmanview, nirsoft) and have observed the same refreshing every 7 minutes, however now I can see that no devices have connected/disconnected when this occurs.

done a malware scan and quarantined found files, problem persists

done an sfc/scannow command, problem persists

tested all usb ports by hand and using a logger (usblogview) when the refresh occurs no devices are shown to be disconnecting/connecting

I am going to try a clean boot tomorrow morning, will update with results.

If anyone has any ideas as to what may be causing this or what I could do to fix it please share.

I am not a computer savvy person so please explain slowly.

Dec 8, 2021
just curious, why were you staring at your Device Manager for over 7 minutes to begin with to have noticed this was happening?
A bug in a certain video game (final fantasy 14) causes the controller to disconnect for 1-2 seconds whenever the device manager refreshes. Encountering this bug lead me to investigate my own device manager, and I found it odd that the intervals were so even.