[SOLVED] Device Manager Refreshing Constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
Hello, I am having an issue where my device manager is constantly refreshing.
I have used the USBLogView by Nirsoft and it does not show any issues with USB devices.
I have clean installed Windows 10 multiple times and installed all drivers associated with my motherboard.
I may have reason to believe that it is possibly my ethernet adapter, as when I disconnect ethernet and disable the driver, it seems to stop. I'm not really sure what to do though.
This constant refreshing also seems to be related to stutters in games that I should have zero problem running, such as CSGO or Sven Coop.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS PRO Wifi

Any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Solution
I managed to figure out my issue. The network was an issue but it was solely in the configuration. I changed my network type from private to public and the issue went away.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you get any windows updates in the last few days? I only ask as someone literally said same thing in a post 1 minute after you posted, and it seems too much of a coincidence. They have a different system so its not hardware...

I see why you mention USB since its 1st result I found too.

board uses Intel ethernet, I wonder which drivers were installed and from who. Microsoft may have installed newer ones than what were there before. Intel may have given them updates. They might not work well.
The other person also happens to have Intel Ethernet
You could try this and get newer as the drivers on Motherboard website are still from last year - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
did you get any windows updates in the last few days? I only ask as someone literally said same thing in a post 1 minute after you posted, and it seems too much of a coincidence. They have a different system so its not hardware...

I see why you mention USB since its 1st result I found too.

board uses Intel ethernet, I wonder which drivers were installed and from who. Microsoft may have installed newer ones than what were there before. Intel may have given them updates. They might not work well.
The other person also happens to have Intel Ethernet
You could try this and get newer as the drivers on Motherboard website are still from last year - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
Weird coincidence, however that is not me. I just clean installed Windows and was experiencing this issue out of the box. I installed the drivers given to me by GIGABYTE website for my motherboard. I also took your advice and tried that Intel autodetect utility and it does not detect an update for my network adapter. I even tried rolling it back but it still does not detect an update .

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
Also I am now discovering that it might be related to internet connectivity, as when I try connecting via WiFi and I keep the Ethernet driver disabled, the device manager continues to refresh.

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
Any errors constantly showing in event viewer?
I wonder if it happens in safe mode?
Do you have newest BIOS for motherboard?
I cannot find any warnings, errors, or any info in the event viewer regarding this issue.
I can confirm that I do not have this issue in safe mode.
I am currently on latest bios for my board, F12e.

aftertastephd

Prominent
Aug 31, 2018
I managed to figure out my issue. The network was an issue but it was solely in the configuration. I changed my network type from private to public and the issue went away.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS