Question Did I make some mistakes when connecting my AIO Liquid Cooler to my motherboard's RGB fan header, and If so how should I rectify ?

Sep 19, 2023
I'd like to ask something regarding my AIO Liquid Cooler...it's Aorus Waterforce X 360 with LCD display.

In the RGB Fusion software, there shows this color gradient theme from which one can choose the AIO cooler fan's color scheme but whatever theme I choose it doesn't have any effect on the AIO fans, instead the fans colors only change by my going into the motherboard's section in the RGB Fusion software. Here are some pics as to describe what I mean.

The first one shows from which I have to change the theme, the one for the motherboard, which only have basic themes.

The second and third one shows from which I want to change the theme, (like Aurura, Rainbow Loop etc. so that the AIO fans shows the same stuff as shown in the third pic) the one dedicated to the Aorus water cooler.

I'm not exactly sure if something is wrong or not or whether I messed up while connecting the CPU case's other 6 fans plus RGB of the CPU itself to the motherboard.

Motherboard : https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-UD-AX-rev-1x#kf

AIO CPU Cooler: https://www.gigabyte.com/CPU-Cooler/AORUS-WATERFORCE-X-360#kf

Sep 19, 2023
Where did you plug the fan RGB wires? AIO manual (page 2) says to connect to AIO. But based on what you're describing, you connected them directly to MoBo.
I think I remember daisy chaining them with the PC Case's RGB lighting strip , coz the same changes apply to the PC Case also. So i should disconnect the fan wires and connect them to the AIO, and what about the PC case's RGB wire, would that go directly to the MoBo ?

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
So i should disconnect the fan wires and connect them to the AIO
Yes, if you want to control your AIO fans from the proper part of the software.

and what about the PC case's RGB wire, would that go directly to the MoBo
You can leave these connected to MoBo, since i'm not sure your AIO can handle the RGB of all your case fans. After all, AIO was designed to have only 2 fans.

Reactions: Eershaa
Sep 19, 2023
You can leave these connected to MoBo, since i'm not sure your AIO can handle the RGB of all your case fans. After all, AIO was designed to have only 2 fans.
No, i meant like the case light strip that is inbuilt in the PC case. My case fans are all already connected with the MoBo.

My PC Case is Lian Li 011 Dynamic .