[SOLVED] Did M.2 ruined my SSD?

Apr 6, 2020
I have a ASUS Z170a Pro Gaming motherboard and Kingston ssdnow v300 120GB running Windows, as normal, I bought a Samsung EVO 970 500 GB to upgrade. I didn't remove the Kingston and installed the m.2 with the other SSD connect in SATA 6. I wasn't able to install Windows on the m.2 so I decided to take it back. When I tried to boot the computer, it started the automatic repair and now it boots and after the login i have a black screen with only a cursor.

I tried to follow these steps shown in this video,
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmTQJCa2nf0
, but it didn't help.

I also tried to startup repair, but it showed the following error: f:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt. which couldn't fix in the command prompt due to having access denied

What should I do?

Solution
No, I kept it in SATA 6. Is it dangerous to install a PCIe ssd and run them both at the same time?

Is fine how you had it. Next time try disconnect all drives except destination drive to install Windows. Win10 likes to manipulate other drives if they're still connected and can put the boot loader elsewhere.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did you move Kingston ssd from sata 1 to 6?

Running a PCIe ssd wont disable sata 1. If you thought this from searching and moved ssd to a different sata port, then that would be why Windows wouldn't boot. That's the only reason i can think of if nothing was changed otherwise during Windows setup.

Apr 6, 2020
Did you move Kingston ssd from sata 1 to 6?

Running a PCIe ssd wont disable sata 1. If you thought this from searching and moved ssd to a different sata port, then that would be why Windows wouldn't boot. That's the only reason i can think of if nothing was changed otherwise during Windows setup.

No, I kept it in SATA 6. Is it dangerous to install a PCIe ssd and run them both at the same time?