Question Did my CPU kill my Motherboard

Feb 17, 2019
Hello. I have an MSI Micro ATX LGA 1150 board. I have a Pentium I was going to test before selling on eBay. While walking over to the PC, i dropped the CPU onto my longhair, fluffy, static-prone cat. It slid down her fur and into the floor. I picked the CPU up and blew on it and briefly touched it to a metal surface. I removed the current i7 and put in the Pentium. The pc didn’t boot. I removed the Pentium and put the i7 back in. This time, the pc powered on, the fans spun, but the PSU Made its shutdown sound after about 3 seconds. Without any prompting, the pc turned on again, and the above procedure repeated. It did this about 6 times before I finally pressed the power button to stop it.

What I want to know: did I kill my motherboard and did it damage the (expensive) i7.

Any help would be appreciated.

You have to examine cpu socket very closely.

29njm83.jpg

And you can reset BIOS with onboard jumper on motherboard. Consult user manual of motherboard, to find location of the jumper.

Feb 17, 2019
Update: I removed all pieces of “non-essential” hardware (GT 1030, WiFi Card, 2gb ram stick) And now the pc actually stays on, but no HDD activity. Nothing happening on monitor like before.