[SOLVED] Different GPU sli in the future?

Feb 28, 2019
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this, but will nvidia in the future allow sli to work between 2 different cards. (For combined capabilities) gtx 107ti and 1080 for example.. Because currently i know that does not work...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's essentially a thing if, and only if, you're a professional Ashes of the Singularity player somehow. Otherwise, not really. Literally every software company and Nvidia and AMD themselves hate supporting typical multi-GPU solutions already. I've got a better chance of being named World's Sexiest Man than explicit multi-GPU has of being widely supported in the foreseeable future.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
In theory this is something that could be added on a per-game (or per-game engine) basis by developers for DX12 games, possibly Vulkan too (can't remember). In practice, I think Ashes of the Singularity is pretty much the only one to do it a couple years back, and I've heard absolutely nothing about it since. So the possibility of it becoming widespread seems pretty low at this point.

Reactions: Antonpa