Dimension 3000, PCI Express

Could some one tell me whether I can use a PCI Express video card in this
computer instead of what it comes with? I f I can, how would I disable the
existing one and point to the new one when the computer boots? Sorry, I am
doing this for the first time. Thanks........BJ

No. The 3000 is a budget system - no PCI Express, no AGP. The video
can be upgraded, but only with a PCI card, which will limit you to low
to mid range video chipsets.

Brian J wrote:
> Could some one tell me whether I can use a PCI Express video card in this
> computer instead of what it comes with? I f I can, how would I disable the
> existing one and point to the new one when the computer boots? Sorry, I am
> doing this for the first time. Thanks........BJ

Thanks, one other question, can I use a PCI Express card in an old Dimension
4100? Thanks.........BJ

Brian J wrote:

> Thanks, one other question, can I use a PCI Express card in an old Dimension
> 4100? Thanks.........BJ

No. PCI-E is a new technology.

Bob

Nope. The 4100 has an AGP4X slot.

Among the Dimensions, only the 4700, 8400 and the newer Dimension-XPS
(Gen3, 4, 5) have PCI-Ex socket.