Mar 18, 2020
When I try to play a game that uses DirectX 9, my computer will freeze after sometime. The screen will completely freeze and the sound will repeat itself as a buzzing. Any game that uses other DirectX versions (10, 11, 12, etc...) won't freeze.

GPU : Radeon RX 570
8 Gb of RAM

Are you using MSI Afterburner by any chance? Some monitoring apps can cause this, for some shutting down MSI Afterburner allows them to play dx9 games on win 10

Some ASUS monitoring apps can also cause this.

Otherwise, if you haven't already, you can try to download and install THIS DirectX End-User Runtime from Microsoft

Mar 18, 2020
Are you using MSI Afterburner by any chance? Some monitoring apps can cause this, for some shutting down MSI Afterburner allows them to play dx9 games on win 10

Some ASUS monitoring apps can also cause this.

Otherwise, if you haven't already, you can try to download and install THIS DirectX End-User Runtime from Microsoft
At first, I thought it worked, but then it happened again, thanks anyway! : )

I'm sorry to hear. I'll see if I can think of something else, but hopefully someone who knows better than I do will come by the thread in the meantime and have the right solution to the problem.
I've had a similar issue one time myself, but it was a long time ago, so I can't really remember exactly how it was solved, but it certainly should be possible.