Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

Hello,

I have the "Quick Launch" toolbar and the "Desktop" toolbar on my
taskbar.
After I restart the computer those toolbars are gone and I have to add
them back manually.

Does anyone know how to fix so that I don't have to keep adding them
manually each time I reboot my computer?

[I have Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
I have a 40 GB hard drive with 20 GB free space. 640 MB RAM.]

Thank you.

Brian

Alicia

You need to lock the toolbar. To do this, right click any area in the
taskbar. A selection menu will appear. Click "Lock the Taskbar" which
second to the last item in the selection list (usually just above
"Properties".

"Brian" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the "Quick Launch" toolbar and the "Desktop" toolbar on my
> taskbar.
> After I restart the computer those toolbars are gone and I have to add
> them back manually.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix so that I don't have to keep adding them
> manually each time I reboot my computer?
>
> [I have Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
> I have a 40 GB hard drive with 20 GB free space. 640 MB RAM.]
>
> Thank you.
>
> Brian

Brian,

See if this procedure helps. Create a System Restore point first.
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Brian" <neEmailPlease@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have the "Quick Launch" toolbar and the "Desktop" toolbar on my
> taskbar.
> After I restart the computer those toolbars are gone and I have to add
> them back manually.
>
> Does anyone know how to fix so that I don't have to keep adding them
> manually each time I reboot my computer?
>
> [I have Microsoft Windows XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2.
> I have a 40 GB hard drive with 20 GB free space. 640 MB RAM.]
>
> Thank you.
>
> Brian

Hi,

Thank you but locking the toolbar did not work for me. If you have
any other suggestions that would be great.

Thank you for your help.

Brian