Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Who makes the DiscWasher D4+ System now? Last bit I found was that
Thomson bought the brand rights to DiscWasher, but I can't find anything
on its website...

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:59:51 +0200, François Yves Le Gal
<flegal@aingeal.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:58:30 -0500, Dan <dan@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Who makes the DiscWasher D4+ System now? Last bit I found was that
>>Thomson bought the brand rights to DiscWasher, but I can't find anything
>>on its website...
>
>Most products are sold under the RCA DiscWasher brand.
>http://www.rca.com/product/viewproductcategory/0,2590,CI700365,00.html
>and for the D4+:
>http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetail/0,2588,PI701130-CI700367,00.html

It's not the D4+ we once knew, the cleaning solution is now alcohol
based.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 6/27/2005 8:29 PM, mescalero wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:59:51 +0200, François Yves Le Gal
> <flegal@aingeal.com> wrote:
>

>>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:58:30 -0500, Dan <dan@nospam.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Who makes the DiscWasher D4+ System now? Last bit I found was that
>>>Thomson bought the brand rights to DiscWasher, but I can't find anything
>>>on its website...
>>
>>Most products are sold under the RCA DiscWasher brand.
>>http://www.rca.com/product/viewproductcategory/0,2590,CI700365,00.html
>>and for the D4+:
>>http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetail/0,2588,PI701130-CI700367,00.html
>>

> It's not the D4+ we once knew, the cleaning solution is now alcohol
> based.

Is that an improvement or not?

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:35:08 -0500, Dan <dan@nospam.com> wrote:

>On 6/27/2005 8:29 PM, mescalero wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:59:51 +0200, François Yves Le Gal
>> <flegal@aingeal.com> wrote:

>>>Most products are sold under the RCA DiscWasher brand.
>>>http://www.rca.com/product/viewproductcategory/0,2590,CI700365,00.html
>>>and for the D4+:
>>>http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetail/0,2588,PI701130-CI700367,00.html
>>>

>> It's not the D4+ we once knew, the cleaning solution is now alcohol
>> based.
>
>Is that an improvement or not?

Some people don't mind using alcohol on their vinyl, others do. I
haven't seen any specific info that it would be damaging. I tend
toward using the mildest cleaner possible, such as the original D4+. I
wish I knew the reason for Thomson/RCA changing the formula (cost, I
suspect).