Dec 1, 2018
i just wanted to clear things up, i've been reading a lot of thread here but still im quite confused on how should i go about this.

First, this is my planned connection

q1.png

My VC has only 1xDP 1.4, 1xHDMI 2.0b , Dual Link - DVI. Now HDMI2.0b im not quite sure as i only know 2.0, i think they're the same.

So, i planned on connecting my VC's HDMI to my primary monitor's (Dell) HDMI slot.

As for my my secondary monitor, im not sure how i should connect this. Im looking for maximizing the quality of the display. I am thinking of having a adapter DualLink-DVI to HDMI or Dual Link-DVI to HDMI cable. Is this OK? Since most of the thread i've is in reverse VC's HDMI to Monitor's DVI.

As for my DP, i was thinking connecting my VC's DP to my secondary monitor's HDMI. However, i read a thread that DP and HDMI does not have the same signal? and my DP is not "DP++" so i may have to buy a converter instead of an adapter.

Buying an DVI to HDMI adapter / cable might be cheaper than having a DP adapter to HDMI. so im thinking having the DVI to HDMI adapter/cable instead.

Is there a better choice?

i just wanted to clear things up, i've been reading a lot of thread here but still im quite confused on how should i go about this.

First, this is my planned connection

q1.png

My VC has only 1xDP 1.4, 1xHDMI 2.0b , Dual Link - DVI. Now HDMI2.0b im not quite sure as i only know 2.0, i think they're the same.

So, i planned on connecting my VC's HDMI to my primary monitor's (Dell) HDMI slot.

As for my my secondary monitor, im not sure how i should connect this. Im looking for maximizing the quality of the display. I am thinking of having a adapter DualLink-DVI to HDMI or Dual Link-DVI to HDMI cable. Is this OK? Since most of the thread i've is in reverse VC's HDMI to Monitor's DVI.

As for my DP, i was thinking connecting my VC's DP to my secondary monitor's HDMI. However, i read a thread that DP and HDMI does not have the same signal? and my DP is not "DP++" so i may have to buy a converter instead of an adapter.

Buying an DVI to HDMI adapter / cable might be cheaper than having a DP adapter to HDMI. so im thinking having the DVI to HDMI adapter/cable instead.

Is there a better choice?
You can use DVI to HDMI adapters in either direction.

All DP outputs are "DP++" on modern devices. You can use a DP to HDMI adapter if you want.

There is no difference in image between DP to HDMI adapter and a DVI to HDMI adapter.