[SOLVED] Display Port is stuck in GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2020
Hi guys, I was hoping someone can help me with my current situation. I bought a new case for my PC. I was able to disconnect all the cords connected from my system except for the display port which is connected to the gpu. Looks like the “button” or the locking mechanism is jammed. Is there a way that i can remove it without using much force? I dont want to damage my GPU. Thank you in advance guys!

Solution
Do u mean applying pressure to the latch using pliers?
Yes. Squeeze the latch with pliers instead of your fingers.

If it helps, you can usually jimmy a GPU out of the case [gently] with a display cable still attached. That might help by getting the expansion slot bars out of the way and give you the attack angle or leverage you need to get the cable out.

mjbn1977

Distinguished
push with the flat screwdriver head from below against the "plug", there should be a little plastic or metal latch that prevents the plug to unintentionally to disconnect. Not really a risk to damage the card. In the worst case you will damage the cable, but that is very unlikely.

Do u mean applying pressure to the latch using pliers?
Yes. Squeeze the latch with pliers instead of your fingers.

If it helps, you can usually jimmy a GPU out of the case [gently] with a display cable still attached. That might help by getting the expansion slot bars out of the way and give you the attack angle or leverage you need to get the cable out.

Reactions: fritzdvd
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS