Question Display port not working on motherboard- gigabyte z790 aorus pro x

Nov 27, 2023
Gigabyte z790 aorus pro x white. Paired with intel 15 13600k.
The hdmi works but the DisplayPort on the motherboard doesn't seem to show any display. I am currently using 4 screens in my set up. A small one in my pc, my 49 inch g9, and two other 1080p screens. I want to use the display port for one of the 1080p monitors and the hdmi on the motherboard for the small pc screen whilst the other two main screens which i will be using for gaming is plugged into the gpu.
Now i am able to run all 4 screens with the small pc screen using the motherboard hdmi but i paid £400 for my motherboard. I sure as hell want everything working even if i wont use it. I want to know whether i got a faulty one with a botched dp or whether im missing something.

Rest of the specs are ddr5 t force 32gb (2x16) running at 6000mhz. RTX 4070ti. 1000w corsair rmx psu.

Nov 27, 2023
Have you tried an alternate DP cable?

Also, see page 16 of your manual. Did you configure like the diagram?
ive tried a different dp cable. Also im not sure what the diagram on page 16 means. Shouldnt I be able to use the display port for a monitor directly? Im not sure what all the usbc hassle is. Isnt that just how other motherboards with a cpu with an igpu work?