Question Display port only shows bios but not windows (ASUS VP249QGR & Galax RTX 2060)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 10 Master
I wonder if there a way to contact Nvidia without the forums. you might have to get cable just to prove its not cause.

It's set to 144hz right now. Just tried to set it to 60 and switch to DP and it didn't work. The refresh rate can't be the problem since during the first boot the first thing I did was change the refresh rate to 144hz and it worked fine until the windows updates which, as of now, I'm pretty sure were the NVIDIA drivers automatically installing.
So it looks like a software problem again (I like playing yoyo) and HDMI might be easiest option, every windows update check cable...

could still ask Asus, they might have a clue.

wonder what 1st driver that came out for 2060 was.

so sfc/dism don't find any problems anymore. I don't think its windows, its back to Nvidia or the Monitor. Windows update just grabbed GPU drivers. Trying to be helpful.

Feb 27, 2021
Ah, I downloaded this driver before posting the thread. It changes the name on the device manager to the monitor and I think it allows me to change more stuff about the monitor like colors but it didn't fix the DP.

I wonder if there a way to contact Nvidia without the forums. you might have to get cable just to prove its not cause.

So it looks like a software problem again (I like playing yoyo) and HDMI might be easiest option, every windows update check cable...

could still ask Asus, they might have a clue.

wonder what 1st driver that came out for 2060 was.

so sfc/dism don't find any problems anymore. I don't think its windows, its back to Nvidia or the Monitor. Windows update just grabbed GPU drivers. Trying to be helpful.
Yeah, I'll go for the cable thing, and if that doesn't work, I'll report that to the NVIDIA forums and hope a staff member picks it up from there.

Feb 27, 2021
How is it going?
Sorry for the super late reply, the delivery for the cable took a while. At first I was skeptical about whether or not it worked and I really thought it wouldn't. I plugged it in and no signal and I was pretty disappointed because I just wasted some money on a solution that didn't even work but I nudged the cable in a bit more since the monitor's cable area was awkward and it was hard to plug the cable in and I got signal!

It was a faulty cable after all. Thanks so much for the help and I hope that anyone who runs into this thread that has this problem in the future tries a different cable first.

Reactions: Colif

ASK THE COMMUNITY