[SOLVED] Display with built-in speakers + webcam

Serchu_

Honorable
Mar 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a new display, and since I don't have a lot of space in my desk, I move quite often and I'll be glad to remove some wires from my current build, I would like to try a display with built-in speakers and webcam. It doesn't need to be anything high-end, just decent enough, because all I do with my PC is some casual gaming (SC2, LoL, and such), watch streaming services and listening to music while I'm working. So:
  • Size. A 24” display is preferred because I sit pretty close to it, although I could cope with a 27” if no other options are available. Other than that I'm pretty flexible, right now I'm using a Iiyama ProLite GE2488HS-B1 24”, which is not a particularly fancy screen.
  • Speakers. These are my biggest concern. Currently I'm using a couple of Creative Inspire T10, which are 2.0 desktop speakers and work great for me (I don't even need a subwoofer). But still, I am a bit worried that the built-in speakers of a display won't be loud enough or the sound quality will be too crappy so I won't be able to enjoy music or watch movies unless I'm clung to the screen.
  • Webcam. It could have any specifications and quality really, it's ok as long as I don't need an external webcam.
  • Price. It should not be a problem, I'm willing to spend up to 500€.
So far the only display that I've found and that seems to fulfil my requirements is the Dell P2418HZ. however I would really appreciate any advice or suggestion you could make. Also price should not be problem as long as we're not talking of spending more than 500€.

Thanks!

Serchu_

Honorable
Mar 7, 2015
I'm looking for a new display but also I want to save space and wires in my desk, so I would like to buy one with built-in speakers and webcam. So:
  • Size. 24” is preferred, although I could cope with a 27” . Right now I'm using a Iiyama ProLite GE2488HS-B1 24”, which is not a particularly fancy screen.
  • Speakers. These are my biggest concern. Currently I'm using a couple of Creative Inspire T10, which are 2.0 desktop speakers and work great for me (I don't even need a subwoofer). I would like the buil-in speakers to have a similiar quality, good enought to listen to streaming & music without being clung to the screen.
  • Webcam. Anything will do as long as I don't need an external webcam.
  • Price. It should not be a problem, I'm willing to spend up to 500€.
So far the only display that I've found and that seems to fulfil my requirements is the Dell P2418HZ. however I would really appreciate any advice or suggestion you could make.

Thanks!

Solution