[SOLVED] Displayport not working on Asus VG248QE monitor ?

Jul 31, 2021
After building a new pc and plugging it to Asus vg248qe monitor it only worked with dvi adapter in the monitor + HDMI (new pc doesn't have dvi anymore). After I installed windows10, drivers and everything and after that hdmi in the monitor without dvi adapter also started working but displayport still gives no signal.
I tested displayport also in motherboard and same happens. Also tried unplugging cables from monitor and pc for a few minutes which seemed to work for many other people, but it didn't do anything in my case.
The reason why I am trying to get displayport to work is because this monitor doesn't give 144hz with hdmi cable.

I am using:
Deltaco DisplayPort Cable - DisplayPort, 20-pin u-u, 2 m
Asus VG248QE 24" Full HD
GeForce RTX 3060 GAMING OC

Would be great if anyone could help/suggest something.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Usually the panel comes with all the cables you need to connect to all the ports available on the monitor, though I just checked that you only get a DVI cable. As for your DisplayPort cable, I'm not familiar with it...you're advised to invest in a good quality cable. Can you see if you can source a donor cable from someone who owns a known working cable...? That way you can rule out your cable being the culprit or if the panel is faulty.

Lutfij

Titan

Usually the panel comes with all the cables you need to connect to all the ports available on the monitor, though I just checked that you only get a DVI cable. As for your DisplayPort cable, I'm not familiar with it...you're advised to invest in a good quality cable. Can you see if you can source a donor cable from someone who owns a known working cable...? That way you can rule out your cable being the culprit or if the panel is faulty.

Solution
Jul 31, 2021

Thank you!
Since I was running out of ideas myself, that's probably the last option I have. I am planning to test my DisplayPort cable first and see if it works on someone else's display/pc. I guess it could also be something with my monitor's displayport since I've been using it for a very long time and never tested it with displayport cables.