[SOLVED] Displayport not working with integrated graphics/motherboard

inadequatefox

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
The monitor displays a "no signal" message, despite having both male connectors in the port securely. It's been plugged into the motherboard Display port with the Intel integrated graphics as I don't have a GPU. I don't have another computer with a DP port, nor do I have another cable, so I can't really test that. I've tried installing newer display drivers, but that didn't help. The motherboard is a Gigabyte z590 Vision G and the monitor is a Samsung CT550 27".

Solution
It's been plugged into the motherboard Display port with the Intel integrated graphics as I don't have a GPU.
DP connector on motherboard is input (not output) for DP signal pass-through via USB-C.
Read motherboard manual on, how to use it.

Use HDMI instead.

5.png

inadequatefox

Prominent
Nov 12, 2021
DP connector on motherboard is input (not output) for DP signal pass-through via USB-C.
Read motherboard manual on, how to use it.

Use HDMI instead.

5.png
Huh, I didn't even notice the fact that it said "DP in" above the connector. I was originally using HDMI, but the colours looked washed out with it, which is the reason why I was trying to use DP instead. I'll just go back to using HDMI then. Thanks for the help!