Distorted Display

girish3110

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hello! I've started having problems with display on my monitor. The image is distorted since booting and is not being refresh: the distortion keeps "accumulating" on the screen. Here's a picture of the display on my monitor:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9143/02062011072.jpg

The computer boots into windows but the display remains stuck and doesn't refresh from the picture I gave above.

The monitor is OK since I've tested it by using my laptop. But, I've previously had problems with my video card (Geforce 8500GT 256MB) and they were resolved after I un-slotted and then re-slotted it. Do you think the problem is with the video card itself?

girish3110

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
No, there's no integrated graphics card. I don't have any spare graphic card on hand so that I can test, that's why i'm asking if the cause if the graphic card.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Chances are if it's not the monitor, then it is probably the graphics card. If it's not the graphics card, then it's definately your mobo.

The problem is either with the graphics card itself or the slot that you have placed it in.

If you can try the card in another PC you may be able to determine if that graphics card is the problem.

girish3110

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
It was the graphics card itself. I bought a new one, but need to "upgrade" to a new PSU as well...the old 1 is 'dead'.

TRENDING THREADS