[SOLVED] Do ARGB fans work on any motherboard?

May 14, 2021
I'll soon get a Gigabyte B450MDS3H V2 with a Tecware Forge M (includes 3x ARGB fans). I'd like to know if I can use the argb on the fans with this mobo, because what I had in mind was that argb fans don't correlate its ability to work with the mobo. I thought all you had to do was to set it up with the argb remote that's included. Turns out the seller told me that Gigabyte B450MDS3H V2 was not ARGB or RGB compatible. So I'm wondering, does the ARGB lights just straight up don't work if I use it on the mobo? A clarification would be much appreciated.

Solution
if the fan's aRGB cables are attached to an included hub that uses it's own controller, than you can just use their remote to change the lights.

if they are required to connect to motherboard aRGB headers, than you need the motherboard control software to control them.
if the fan's aRGB cables are attached to an included hub that uses it's own controller, than you can just use their remote to change the lights.

if they are required to connect to motherboard aRGB headers, than you need the motherboard control software to control them.

Solution