do i have a bad gpu?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
Im having a really strange issue with my gpu where it wont detect my new monitor to give it signal. however when my old monitor is plugged in i have no issues. The only way i can get my new monitor to work is completely removing my gpu form the pc and using my onboard graphics. Could anyone give some adive please?. i have tried drivers, cables, changing ram slots, both pcie express slots and different bios settings but nothing has worked. Only removing the pu allows the new monitor to get signal from the pc. The monitor is working fine as it works on my xbox and the pc when my gpu isnt plugged in.

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016

It might not be acers fault at all:/ Its got even stranger. I swapped it for a curved samsung and ive got the same issue on that. It seems my gpu wont accept Pc monitors but will connect to my TV

Tourqe

Reputable
Apr 20, 2016
It is defintely the gpu. Somethings wrong with it. I can connect the monitor to the internal graphics no problem. Ive got the tv running of gpu and second monitor running off of internal. It is working now. Hopefully i can get games running off of my gpu and just drag them ono the main screen