Dec 27, 2020
So im building a pc with 7 fans inside it. 3fans from my liquidcooler and other 4 are just case fans ill be putting in. My question is I need to use a splitter and I have found a splitter that is 1 way to 4 fan splitter and I have 7 fans. So my question is if I buy it twice and I leave 1 cable empty will there be any problems? because I can attach 8 but im attaching 7... and is it the same for the argb splitters if I just leave a cable not connected because I dont need it?

edit: I have read that if you go above a X amount of amperage on the fanheader you could burn your motherboard with the splitters.. So I went with the casefans that use 0.32 amps x 3 fans is 0.96 so its just below 1 AMP so I could use 1 way to 3 fan splitters per fan header to connect my fans or should I use a 2 way splitter just to be safe?. The question is I watched some YouTube tutorials and people said that some motherboards have more AMP on there headers so my question is how can I see how much AMP per header I have on my motherboard? And is the AMP per fan header the same for the ARGB header and CPU fan header?

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
Liquidcooler: MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R https://www.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-360R
Fans: Silverstone AB120R https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=890

or should I skip all this fan splitter stuff and just buy the Corsair Commander Pro with 6 fan connectors than still I have to use 2 way fan splitter but thats okay...

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you for your answer.
And what about the amperage?
is it safe to connect 3 fans or should I just do 2 per header just to be safe? Because 1 header has 1 amp on my motherboard (please check if im wrong i dont know how to check but most people say at least 1 amp)
and what about the argb header? Can I just connect 4 fans to 1 argb header through a argb splitter and leave 2 empty?

if im right my argb header supports up to 3 amperage per header (please check if im wrong) and my fans take 0.32 amp so 4 fans should be safe per header right?

sorry im new to this
Yes, most are standard 1A per header but could be exceeded a bit. If there's a W_PUMPheader, that could also be used and can give at least twice as much power.
RGB/ARGB...
So im building a pc with 7 fans inside it. 3fans from my liquidcooler and other 4 are just case fans ill be putting in. My question is I need to use a splitter and I have found a splitter that is 1 way to 4 fan splitter and I have 7 fans. So my question is if I buy it twice and I leave 1 cable empty will there be any problems? because I can attach 8 but im attaching 7... and is it the same for the argb splitters if I just leave a cable not connected because I dont need it?

edit: I have read that if you go above a X amount of amperage on the fanheader you could burn your motherboard with the splitters.. So I went with the casefans that use 0.32 amps x 3 fans is 0.96 so its just below 1 AMP so I could use 1 way to 3 fan splitters per fan header to connect my fans or should I use a 2 way splitter just to be safe?. The question is I watched some YouTube tutorials and people said that some motherboards have more AMP on there headers so my question is how can I see how much AMP per header I have on my motherboard? And is the AMP per fan header the same for the ARGB header and CPU fan header?

Motherboard: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus
Liquidcooler: MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R https://www.msi.com/Liquid-Cooling/MAG-CORELIQUID-360R
Fans: Silverstone AB120R https://www.silverstonetek.com/product.php?pid=890

or should I skip all this fan splitter stuff and just buy the Corsair Commander Pro with 6 fan connectors than still I have to use 2 way fan splitter but thats okay...
As far as splitters are concerned, you don't have to use all. It's same for any splitter.

Dec 27, 2020
As far as splitters are concerned, you don't have to use all. It's same for any splitter.

is it safe to connect 3 fans or should I just do 2 per header just to be safe? Because 1 header has 1 amp on my motherboard (please check if im wrong i dont know how to check but most people say at least 1 amp)
and what about the argb header? Can I just connect 4 fans to 1 argb header through a argb splitter and leave 2 empty?

if im right my argb header supports up to 3 amperage per header (please check if im wrong) and my fans take 0.32 amp so 4 fans should be safe per header right?

sorry im new to this

Last edited:

sorry im new to this
Yes, most are standard 1A per header but could be exceeded a bit. If there's a W_PUMPheader, that could also be used and can give at least twice as much power.
RGB/ARGB splitters are same way, it's just ordinary wire ulesit's some powered, active hub.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS