[SOLVED] Do I need a new PSU?

Nov 23, 2021
Hey guys, new to this forum , I have a problem with my upgraded mobo and CPU combo.
So I built this today , I now have a Ryzen 5600x combined with an Asus ROG strip B550-E Gaming mobo.
I plugged everything in but my PSU is quite old , it’s the Corsair 750.
However this PSU does not have a 4+4 12V connector, will I be able to boot the system with just the main power connector ? Or do I need to get a new PSU?
thanks 😁

Solution
The old CX range with the green label had a bad reputation. I would not risk a new system on that old psu regardless of if you can find the right cables.

The 5600X does not have integrated graphics, you need a dedicated gpu to get a display.
Nov 23, 2021
If the psu is old and out of warranty that is enough reason to change it.

What exact model psu is it?
What gpu are you running in that system?
How old is old?
The PSU is a Corsair CX750, my gpu is a AMD ryzen 5 5600X , and Well old as in I bought it a good 5-10 years ago, but I literally cannot find my 4+4 12V connector on it , so I think it just doesn’t have one ? I can’t even find my exact PSU anywhere online anymore , so I guess it’s really old

Nov 23, 2021
The old CX range with the green label had a bad reputation. I would not risk a new system on that old psu regardless of if you can find the right cables.

The 5600X does not have integrated graphics, you need a dedicated gpu to get a display.
Okay thanks a lot for the feedback , yeah I’m running a Nvidia GTX 1070 right now , that should work right ?
thanks for the quick reply