Do i need to disable APM in bios

Titanz

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013
do i need to disable APM FUNCTION with turbo core in bios setting.......... is there any disadvantages or risk if I disable amd"s APM function in bios??????? I have disabled turbo core in bios but did not touch APM as it enabled as default....

my spec:amd fx 6300
gigabyte 970a-ds3p motherboard
amd r7 360 gpu 2gb gddr5
8gb hyperx fury ram
corsair vs550 watt psu

please help me,,, thanks in advanced...any information will be appreciated

Solution
APM stands for Application Power Managment.

All it does is reduce the power consumption of the cpu of the system to save or conserve power when a said application or bit of software uses the function Titanz.

The way it works is on how much of the cpu percentage the program in question is using.
Adjusting the cpu`s power consumption in small Mv steps.

It is ok to leave it enabled in the bios.
Or disabling it will have very little notifiable effects on your system.
APM stands for Application Power Managment.

All it does is reduce the power consumption of the cpu of the system to save or conserve power when a said application or bit of software uses the function Titanz.

The way it works is on how much of the cpu percentage the program in question is using.
Adjusting the cpu`s power consumption in small Mv steps.

It is ok to leave it enabled in the bios.
Or disabling it will have very little notifiable effects on your system.

Solution

Titanz

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

Titanz

Honorable
Dec 11, 2013

will it damage my cpu or other components if I disable it? is it important somehow ??

The only important part of it is managing power. If you turn it off your system will be less efficient. The CPU knows how much power it is suppose to recieve at maximum so your system should be fine even if you disable it. Only thing that might cause it is a power surge, but you can buy a surge protector easily for something like that.