Question Do I need to plug my monitor in to my gpu for it to use my gpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2020
I have a gtx 1650, and an intel graphics 630 (which is integrated). My monitor doesn't work unless it uses a display port, but I can't plug my display port cable into my gpu, is my pc using the 1650 or integrated? The 1650's fan is running and for reference I get 140 fps on medium settings on Valorant, and about 120-130 on high settings. My monitor is an ASUS-165hz

kanewolf

Titan
I have a gtx 1650, and an intel graphics 630 (which is integrated). My monitor doesn't work unless it uses a display port, but I can't plug my display port cable into my gpu, is my pc using the 1650 or integrated? The 1650's fan is running and for reference I get 140 fps on medium settings on Valorant, and about 120-130 on high settings. My monitor is an ASUS-165hz
Yes, the monitor must be connected to the graphics card to use the GPU. If it is plugged into the motherboard it will use the Intel 630.

Aug 29, 2020
Yes, the monitor must be connected to the graphics card to use the GPU. If it is plugged into the motherboard it will use the Intel 630.
Ok, I’ve never plugged anything into my gpu until today, I log back on, and all my games and pc checks now changed to the 630, it used to be the 1650. Can I get an adapter for my display port cable to plug it into my hdmi port on my gpu?

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Ok, I’ve never plugged anything into my gpu until today, I log back on, and all my games and pc checks now changed to the 630, it used to be the 1650. Can I get an adapter for my display port cable to plug it into my hdmi port on my gpu?
Yes you can. If you resort to HDMI on that card your missing out on color depth and rfresh rate and what not. I don't know what version HDMI cable you have but I do know the 1650Ti is latest tech and what not. ✝💯♻

Last edited:

Why can't you plug in the DP cable to the 1650 card? All versions I can think of have a DP port.

Reactions: Vic 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS