[SOLVED] Do I need to replace my Thermal Paste?

Jun 8, 2022
Hello, so let me give you the details.

I have a gaming ASUS TUF laptop(Intel i5-10300H), and bought it about an year ago.

Everything went smooth and well, I have been playing triple A games like Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Biomutant and Death Stranding a lot.

Recently I bought a new SSD (512 GB) in order to have more space.

After a while. I was playing and noticed that my laptop is overheating. I went to see the Degrees on my CPU and it was 99 degrees Celsius. I was quite shocked because it didn't happen to me before.

I cleaned my laptop up because I thought the problem was from the cooling. IT actually helped my a little bit (max temperature went down by almost 10 degrees).

But still, what do I need to do? Do I have to replace the thermal paste? Or unmount the SSD?

Thank you in advance guys!

Last edited:
Solution
Laptops tend to run hot. If it is running in the 90s after cleaning, that is probably normal.

You might be able to reduce it a little with a re-paste, but that does mean taking the laptop apart and all the potential dangers that comes with. Cosmetic damage, broken clips, broken cables/pinched wires.

The SSD probably did not significantly increase the temperatures in the system.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Laptops tend to run hot. If it is running in the 90s after cleaning, that is probably normal.

You might be able to reduce it a little with a re-paste, but that does mean taking the laptop apart and all the potential dangers that comes with. Cosmetic damage, broken clips, broken cables/pinched wires.

The SSD probably did not significantly increase the temperatures in the system.

Solution