Feb 28, 2020
My current rig is a Small Form Factor Dell Optiplex 3020, with some upgrades, 4 GB more ram (8GB total DDR3), a GT 1030 Low Profile, and an i5-4590s.
My current Hard Drive has 100GB free space, and it is a 465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA ).
I'm getting pretty horrific fps drops and stutters in Fortnite.
Is my CPU / GPU the problem? or is it the old hard drive, and are there any ways to optimize hard drives if so (apart from the windows 10 optimizations). Also, will an SSD fix this issue, and which one is good for staying on a budget?

Feb 28, 2020
How old is the HDD? Can you hear any clicks or sounds from the HDD when you experience the stutters? As a secondary note, did you pick a replacement PSU when you picked the prebuilt? How old is the prebuilt, mind you?
I have no idea with any clicks, and I didn't pick a prebuilt? A got a bargain for the Dell Optiplex 3020 from a school that was chucking them out, I don't have a new PSU from the one from the original Dell machine if that was what you were asking. The release date of the machine was apparently 2012, so that's an 8 year old hard drive assuming it was bought when it was released.