[SOLVED] Does anyone know of a glossy 32" 4k monitor?

Mar 30, 2021
I am looking for a 32" (or so) 4k monitor that is glossy not matte. I don't like the flat black screens I like the older HP LED 2511x type that are glossy. Will any LED backlit 32" monitor be glossy? I do not have access to any stores (I have "issues") where I can see the monitors first hand. Thanks for any help. Cost is not an problem up to $500 or so dollars, could go higher for something "special". Thanks.

Solution
Older monitors used to be glossy and some touch screens still are. But what manufacturers finally clued into was glossy sucks for a monitor screen. The brightness of the screen has to be able to over-compensate for ambient lighting, whether that's overhead or sunlight and glossy refracts everything. Nothing but glare from every angle in a well lit room. Higher the brightness, the more washed out the color on a TN panel especially, and the more power is required to get the brightness and kiss any hope of 'black' goodbye, it's all dark grey.

So matte screens have become standard practice, there's far less actual reflected glare, power requirements are lower, brightness can be turned down, blacks can actually look black.

Which makes...
Mar 30, 2021
I'm sorry, nothing really in your price range that is glossy. Glossy chassis kind of fell out of favor since everyone was striving for thin bezels, not much point shining up a 1-3mm thick bezel.

Might try looking at small 4K TVs.
Hi, I was wishing the screen was glossy. But you have a great idea about using a 4k 32" TV that might work? Thank you!

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Older monitors used to be glossy and some touch screens still are. But what manufacturers finally clued into was glossy sucks for a monitor screen. The brightness of the screen has to be able to over-compensate for ambient lighting, whether that's overhead or sunlight and glossy refracts everything. Nothing but glare from every angle in a well lit room. Higher the brightness, the more washed out the color on a TN panel especially, and the more power is required to get the brightness and kiss any hope of 'black' goodbye, it's all dark grey.

So matte screens have become standard practice, there's far less actual reflected glare, power requirements are lower, brightness can be turned down, blacks can actually look black.

Which makes consumers happier and more likely to buy again over the competitions offerings.

Reactions: theernies
Solution