[SOLVED] Does anyone know where I can get a pair of good quality, comfortable, noise cancelling headphones for my PC? (UK)

Dec 14, 2021
Okay so, I just want to mention I kinda have a phobia when it comes to things such as the noises of my devices such as my games consoles, DVD players and most specifically my PC despite it being brand new and still rather quiet.

Often when I am browsing the internet on my PC, even though the sound coming from it is rather minimal, it still throws me off when I am trying to do things. Of course gaming and such is alright since you can’t really hear the PC over the sound of the game. But when I am doing little things like browsing, writing something or editing files, it just becomes quite a distraction for me.

Because of this I was wondering if anyone knows if there are any good quality, noise cancelling headphones (the more noise reduction the better) that are wired. And if they where indeed comfortable or not.

One of my family members has a pair of headphones that literally fits the bill for me however they are of course his and he doesn’t know the brand.

P.S I also wanna mention I live in the UK.

Solution
Unless you have a large amount of noise for some reason, normal closed back headphones should be enough to reduce noise, although that really depends on how much you are OK with.

My favorite cheaper closed back for comfort and audio quality together is the Cooler Master MH751, they are about $80 or less. For more sound sealing but less comfortable the HyperX Cloud models are good. Both of those are headsets with a mic.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Wired or wireless? Budget?

I have two headsets that I use, both Bose (one wired and the other wireless). I use for gaming and for work (when teleworking). Both are excellent for my uses, but they are a bit pricey compared to some similar devices on the market.

Dec 14, 2021
Wired or wireless? Budget?

I have two headsets that I use, both Bose (one wired and the other wireless). I use for gaming and for work (when teleworking). Both are excellent for my uses, but they are a bit pricey compared to some similar devices on the market.

I’m looking for ones that are wired and over the ears like what Kanewolf mentioned. So something pretty comfortable since I spend a lot of time at my computer. My budget for headphones at the moment is £100 but I would go higher if I had to.

Dec 14, 2021
Okay so I’ve just spotted the type of headphones that my family member uses (that I mentioned in my original post). They are called the AKG K702. They are currently going for £83 on Scan so I’m very tempted to buy them. On a few sites however, it mentions that the headphones are indeed noise cancelling (Google, Scan, Amazon) but on some sites it doesn’t mention it.

Okay so I’ve just spotted the type of headphones that my family member uses (that I mentioned in my original post). They are called the AKG K702. They are currently going for £83 on Scan so I’m very tempted to buy them. On a few sites however, it mentions that the headphones are indeed noise cancelling (Google, Scan, Amazon) but on some sites it doesn’t mention it.

The K702’s are not noise cancelling and being open back are not even noise isolating. Good headphones for the price.

At sale times the various Bose QC headphones usually go sale. Keep an eye on the site hotukdeals for good bargains.

Unless you have a large amount of noise for some reason, normal closed back headphones should be enough to reduce noise, although that really depends on how much you are OK with.

My favorite cheaper closed back for comfort and audio quality together is the Cooler Master MH751, they are about $80 or less. For more sound sealing but less comfortable the HyperX Cloud models are good. Both of those are headsets with a mic.

Solution