Question does it work ?

unnuct

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
hello I bought yesterday ryzen 7 3700x and msi x 570 a pro I have cooler master 600w lite It have 8 + 4 pin on the motherboard but I have 8 pin on my power supply . Is this power supply enough?

NOO if you put it there its gonna explode! its gonna burn your entire house, its gonna melt your face! everything you love will be destroyed.

not... im kidding.

if i recall correctly the 4 extra pin on a 8+4 ATX form is mostly used when you need extra power for overclock and all, it seems that using only the 8 pin will be fine if you dont try to push the limits of things and then, obviously you'll be lacking power and everything will shut down or crash or something, ideally you should use a proper psu, but in theory you can get away with it using stock settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: unnuct

unnuct

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
NOO if you put it there its gonna explode! its gonna burn your entire house, its gonna melt your face! everything you love will be destroyed.

not... im kidding.

if i recall correctly the 4 extra pin on a 8+4 ATX form is mostly used when you need extra power for overclock and all, it seems that using only the 8 pin will be fine if you dont try to push the limits of things and then, obviously you'll be lacking power and everything will shut down or crash or something, ideally you should use a proper psu, but in theory you can get away with it using stock settings.

Thank you !

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
While it probably won't blow up, it is a very low-quality PSU to be pairing with this CPU/motherboard and presumably the GPU that goes along with it. Anything with Lite in it is a must avoid; Cooler Master does not use quality parts in these barebones budget PSUs.

unnuct

Commendable
Aug 10, 2019
While it probably won't blow up, it is a very low-quality PSU to be pairing with this CPU/motherboard and presumably the GPU that goes along with it. Anything with Lite in it is a must avoid; Cooler Master does not use quality parts in these barebones budget PSUs.
I bought seasonic focus plus 850w 80+gold yesterday I think this is a enough power supply but shipping will arrive after 4 days.