[SOLVED] Does moving a program's folder and running the program in an SSD drive makes it run faster?

RomDino

Honorable
Feb 5, 2017
I just ordered by SSD drive and it's currently shipping. The information I know that is when you install it, a new drive will be created on your computer.
I have programs like Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, etc. on my old HDD drive, so I wonder does moving the "Adobe" folder from my HDD drive to my new SDD drive and running an Adobe app (Adobe Photoshop for example) make the program boot faster? Or do I have to re-install every single Adobe App on my SDD for it to run faster?

Solution
Actual application load time will benefit from being on the SSD regardless, although portions of that may include user folders and such that remain on the HDD. You may have other issues like permissions etc. If you do plan to move it, I suggest using a symbolic link or similar via Link Shell Extension.
Actual application load time will benefit from being on the SSD regardless, although portions of that may include user folders and such that remain on the HDD. You may have other issues like permissions etc. If you do plan to move it, I suggest using a symbolic link or similar via Link Shell Extension.

Solution

RomDino

Honorable
Feb 5, 2017
Programs should run faster from the ssd but not sure how the os being on the hdd would affect the ssd's ability. Probably would be fine.

Have you thought about installing Windows to the ssd instead?

I'm thinking about having my Windows 10 OS booting from SSD so I can have a faster load speed but I don't know how to do that. I don't want to re-install everything again I'll lose all my data.

USAFRet

Titan
Cloning -Some questions first:

What OS is this?
What drives are in the system now, and what specifically is on them?
What make/model/size is the new SSD?
How much data is consumed on your current C drive or partition?
Please show us a screencap of your current Disk Management window.

And no, you can't just 'move' a program folder for your applications.