[SOLVED] Does the ASrock b450m pro4 need a bios update before using Ryzen 3 3100/3300x?

FergyBoi

Prominent
Oct 31, 2020
Hello, I just bought a ASrock b450m pro4 for a PC upgrade, and I was wondering if the Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x would work with this motherboard out of the box. I have seen many responses to this question over the internet, but all of them are different. Thanks!

Solution
I bought if from Amazon, The reviews from recently say that it ships with p3.90 on it. So I guess that's that?
3.90 has AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B which supports Ryzen 3000, so if recent purchasers are getting that it's a good sign you MIGHT get that too.

But, and not that I want to dash your hopes or anything, but you never can tell how a seller handles inventory. They may have cleared out old stock a long time ago (FIFO) or they may have a some old stock hanging around for the fulfillment technician to grab one out of and ship to you. It's still a bit of a gamble, at least it's in your favor.
Hello, I just bought a ASrock b450m pro4 for a PC upgrade, and I was wondering if the Ryzen 3 3100 or 3300x would work with this motherboard out of the box. I have seen many responses to this question over the internet, but all of them are different. Thanks!
You'll get different answers because it might or might not work and depends on if it was made long enough after the release of Ryzen 3000 to have a the right BIOS loaded at the outset.

Reactions: DMAN999
I bought if from Amazon, The reviews from recently say that it ships with p3.90 on it. So I guess that's that?
3.90 has AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B which supports Ryzen 3000, so if recent purchasers are getting that it's a good sign you MIGHT get that too.

But, and not that I want to dash your hopes or anything, but you never can tell how a seller handles inventory. They may have cleared out old stock a long time ago (FIFO) or they may have a some old stock hanging around for the fulfillment technician to grab one out of and ship to you. It's still a bit of a gamble, at least it's in your favor.

Solution