Question Does the Biostar H61MHV or Biostar H61MGV3 support the Xeon E3 1220 Sandy Bridge ?

Mxouad

Prominent
May 27, 2022
So guys im so confused if the H61MHV and H61MGV3 can support the Xeon E3 1220 Sandy Bridge because their website is not telling us that they are supported, but when i use a compatibility website I found that it does support it .

I know it's so old tech but still wanna know.
If you have suggestions pls give it to me. I want one from h61(gaming with pci 3.0) since i dont want to spend money on those build.
I really need answers soon ty

Mxouad

Prominent
May 27, 2022
H61MHV does not seem to support it. H61MGV3 does seem to support it.

https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/Intel/Xeon/E3-1220_motherboards.html
Thank you for the fast reply
I feel like even the h61mhv support it but they didn't write there since i used to have ecs h61m10 while it was supported but it's not mentioned ther. i really wanna confirm it since h61mhv have hdmi port (ik i cant even use it on xeon e3 1220 because it have no gpu inside) but still tho i have gpu of mining without anyport so i might give it try with hdmi lol

Is there a specific reason you are looking only at Biostar boards, especially very old Biostar boards? There are a lot of other brands of motherboard that support those Xeon processors that you can actually look up the CPU support for that are just as available as any old Biostar boards would be.

Mxouad

Prominent
May 27, 2022
Is there a specific reason you are looking only at Biostar boards, especially very old Biostar boards? There are a lot of other brands of motherboard that support those Xeon processors that you can actually look up the CPU support for that are just as available as any old Biostar boards would be.
It's because brand like gigabyte and asrock does provide many thing i dont need in mobo like dvi-sub and they are overpriced for this time(in my country at least) tbh i dont wanna wast money on those mobo i would rather buy a new a350 for amd than these old mobo with high price. i found msi has a good mobo for those 3rd 2nd cpu i will probably go for it