[SOLVED] Does the Mini Zotac GTX 1080 8gb GDDR5 fit a Odense 2-k Motherboard ?

Apr 21, 2020
Im planning on going from a GTX 1060 3gb to this new card except my pc was prebuilt and im no expert in this.

Here are the boards specs:

Solution
Thanks ! And yea I’m sure it will fit since my gtx 1060 is also a Mini, as for my PSU, it’s 500 watts and some articles have said a 1080 gpu can be ran by a PSU with that type of wattage, unless I’m missing something ?
500w is barely sufficient for a 1080 might not be even borderline case. Whatever you read I am not too sure about that. But one thing that I am sure of is, if its a unit that came with prebuilt, its simply garbage. I wont trust my brand new card with that kinda stuff.
A quality PSU, atleast 650w is recommended. Remember, the PSU is the heart of the machine and you should never cheap out on that. A lower quality unit has higher chance of failure, and when they go out, sometimes they tend to take out perfectly...
If it works with your current card, it should work with your next card as well. Nowadays, all cards work with all boards, no issue with your 1080 there.
However, the important question is whether your case has enough clearance to fit that card and if your PSU is good enough to power it. You need to address these two factors mainly. Rest should be fine.

Reactions: Magi_Ghoul
Apr 21, 2020
If it works with your current card, it should work with your next card as well. Nowadays, all cards work with all boards, no issue with your 1080 there.
However, the important question is whether your case has enough clearance to fit that card and if your PSU is good enough to power it. You need to address these two factors mainly. Rest should be fine.
Thanks ! And yea I’m sure it will fit since my gtx 1060 is also a Mini, as for my PSU, it’s 500 watts and some articles have said a 1080 gpu can be ran by a PSU with that type of wattage, unless I’m missing something ?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Keep in mind that on prebuilts the GPU is usually rated down in power usage in order to accomodate the power supply. Your 1060 is probably drawing only 75W from its supposed 120W.

Reactions: Magi_Ghoul
500w is barely sufficient for a 1080 might not be even borderline case. Whatever you read I am not too sure about that. But one thing that I am sure of is, if its a unit that came with prebuilt, its simply garbage. I wont trust my brand new card with that kinda stuff.
A quality PSU, atleast 650w is recommended. Remember, the PSU is the heart of the machine and you should never cheap out on that. A lower quality unit has higher chance of failure, and when they go out, sometimes they tend to take out perfectly working other hardware along with them.

Solution