[SOLVED] doing a fresh reformat quick question

Asleepdann

Reputable
Feb 9, 2020
getting a new cpu and some stuff friday gonna do a fresh reformat and i just had a quick question since its been forever since i had to do it myself.

Besides getting things like GPU drivers (nvidia) or mouse drivers from razer synapse is there anything else i should be downloading / updating?

and one other question i was wondering about if there was a thread somewhere that would show me how to optimize my system, like what things can i turn off on startup and just in general, right now currently with nothing running i have like 88 or so apps running in the backround and alot of it is just duplicates of like nvidia and razer and other things, and about 90 more windows backround apps running, im not sure if thats normal after a fresh install so just wanted to be able to clean this up because currently im playing spellbreak and i blow the specs for the game out of the water but i get weird stutters and textures not loading at all.

Solution
getting a new cpu and some stuff friday gonna do a fresh reformat and i just had a quick question since its been forever since i had to do it myself.

Besides getting things like GPU drivers (nvidia) or mouse drivers from razer synapse is there anything else i should be downloading / updating?

and one other question i was wondering about if there was a thread somewhere that would show me how to optimize my system, like what things can i turn off on startup and just in general, right now currently with nothing running i have like 88 or so apps running in the backround and alot of it is just duplicates of like nvidia and razer and other things, and about 90 more windows backround apps running, im not sure if thats normal after a...

and one other question i was wondering about if there was a thread somewhere that would show me how to optimize my system, like what things can i turn off on startup and just in general, right now currently with nothing running i have like 88 or so apps running in the backround and alot of it is just duplicates of like nvidia and razer and other things, and about 90 more windows backround apps running, im not sure if thats normal after a fresh install so just wanted to be able to clean this up because currently im playing spellbreak and i blow the specs for the game out of the water but i get weird stutters and textures not loading at all.
Don't know what your system is but if you are changing MB and doing clean install of windows, you should also get new drivers for chipset too.
Windows have a lot of background threads running but only ones you can change are autorun programs/APPs. Check Startup tab in Task manager and stop any stuff you don't need to start automatically and run in the background.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

Windows 10 should come with all the drivers that you need the only thing that you might possibly need are your video drivers and I would skip the razor drivers because they are horrible and would possibly screw up your entire system