Donkey Kong, DK Jr. T-Molding Survey/Question

Okay, I'm (almost) ready to replace the white t-molding on my DK & DK
Jr uprights after just having received new white t-molding for the
task.

ISSUE: The new white t-molding I received has a matt/dull finish while
the existing t-molding on my Donkey Kong unit has a gloss/shiny finish.

SURVEY: If you have an original Donkey Kong upright with ORIGINAL white
t-molding, is the t-molding dull or glossy?

QUESTION: Does anyone know, with certainty, which is the correct
ORIGINAL finish for this white t-molding?

Thanks.

Steve

I don't know which is correct, but I will tell you I've installed the flat
white t-molding on several nintendo cabinets, and it looks absolutely
incredible. Any Nintendo game I get anymore, that's the first thing I do.
All the old t-molding I've taken off was glossy looking, but that may be a
result of it being exposed to the elements... if you pull the t-molding off,
you'll notice that the little 'burr' that goes down in the wood isn't
glossy. I would guess (and it's a guess, I don't know for sure) that it was
originally like the repro stuff is, but turns hard and glossy looking due to
some chemical aging or something.

Also; I have a Playchoice 10 single monitor dedicated cabinet which has flat
BLACK t-molding (not rounded like most t-molding, but flat like on dk and
dkjr.)... the finish on it is most definately flat, not glossy, and it's
definately original.

Ron
"zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I'm (almost) ready to replace the white t-molding on my DK & DK
> Jr uprights after just having received new white t-molding for the
> task.
>
> ISSUE: The new white t-molding I received has a matt/dull finish while
> the existing t-molding on my Donkey Kong unit has a gloss/shiny finish.
>
> SURVEY: If you have an original Donkey Kong upright with ORIGINAL white
> t-molding, is the t-molding dull or glossy?
>
> QUESTION: Does anyone know, with certainty, which is the correct
> ORIGINAL finish for this white t-molding?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Steve

I talked to someone else who said his DK and t-molding are orig. and
has a matt finish. His DK Jr. has a glossy finish. I just lifted the
t-molding from my DK and that little 'burr' you speak of is glossy on
mine.

I am beginning to think that two types of t-molding were used with the
various Nintendo cabinets. Probably depending upon date of
manufacture.

Steve