Aug 9, 2020
I have an Xbox One S and it says I have Double NAT detected. It says I have moderate. I tried some google searches and couldn’t find a solution. I live with my parents and don’t want to mess up any of their stuff. They have an Asus router I believe and then an ATT BGW210-700. I know I can bridge but I don’t think you can bridge on ATT correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t know how to resolve this issue, so any help would be good
Edit: I don’t have this issue over WiFi only with a wired connection

Solution
I’m not 100% sure because they’re is an Ethernet port in my wall, I did move a wire from the ASUS router to the ATT router that gave me open NAT, but wouldn’t let me connect my phone to anything over WiFi (ex: couldn’t connect my Xbox app to my Xbox, YouTube app to YouTube in tv unless had the code. And I plugged it back into the router and it fixed that but double nat was back.
It sounds like the Asus is setup as a router and is providing WIFI. To fix all your problems, you need to leave your wired connection on the ATT box and get your parents to change the configuration of the Asus from a router to an access point. The great thing about Asus routers is they have a single button in the user interface to toggle the...

kanewolf

Titan
I have an Xbox One S and it says I have Double NAT detected. It says I have moderate. I tried some google searches and couldn’t find a solution. I live with my parents and don’t want to mess up any of their stuff. They have an Asus router I believe and then an ATT BGW210-700. I know I can bridge but I don’t think you can bridge on ATT correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t know how to resolve this issue, so any help would be good
Edit: I don’t have this issue over WiFi only with a wired connection
Which device is your wired connection connected to? What if you switch to the other one?

Reactions: jlaud03
Aug 9, 2020
Which device is your wired connection connected to? What if you switch to the other one?
I’m not 100% sure because they’re is an Ethernet port in my wall, I did move a wire from the ASUS router to the ATT router that gave me open NAT, but wouldn’t let me connect my phone to anything over WiFi (ex: couldn’t connect my Xbox app to my Xbox, YouTube app to YouTube in tv unless had the code. And I plugged it back into the router and it fixed that but double nat was back.

kanewolf

Titan
It sounds like the Asus is setup as a router and is providing WIFI. To fix all your problems, you need to leave your wired connection on the ATT box and get your parents to change the configuration of the Asus from a router to an access point. The great thing about Asus routers is they have a single button in the user interface to toggle the operational mode. IF you convert the Asus to an access point, it will still provide WIFI but it won't isolate the WIFI from devices that are directly connected to the ATT router.

Reactions: jlaud03
Solution
Aug 9, 2020
It sounds like the Asus is setup as a router and is providing WIFI. To fix all your problems, you need to leave your wired connection on the ATT box and get your parents to change the configuration of the Asus from a router to an access point. The great thing about Asus routers is they have a single button in the user interface to toggle the operational mode. IF you convert the Asus to an access point, it will still provide WIFI but it won't isolate the WIFI from devices that are directly connected to the ATT router.
will I have to enable WIFI on the ATT router because that is currently disabled I believe