While trying to repair a system, I got the following message, "download.exe
is not recognized as an internal or external command, operabale program or
batch file." Could anyone tell me what might have happened to this file and
how to repair it.
Thanks in advance for your help.
sam

This does not appear to be a vaild Windows XP program. It seems to be some
type of third party software or spyware:
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/download/

"Sam Lightbourn" <SamLightbourn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> While trying to repair a system, I got the following message,
> "download.exe
> is not recognized as an internal or external command, operabale program or
> batch file." Could anyone tell me what might have happened to this file
> and
> how to repair it.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> sam

download.exe is a part of the Webcelerator web browser accelerator software,
which claims to make Internet explorer function faster. This is a
non-essential process. Disabling or enabling this is down to user
preference.
It comes with some of the yahoo DSL packages.

From: "Sam Lightbourn" <SamLightbourn@discussions.microsoft.com>

| While trying to repair a system, I got the following message, "download.exe
| is not recognized as an internal or external command, operabale program or
| batch file." Could anyone tell me what might have happened to this file and
| how to repair it.
| Thanks in advance for your help.
| sam

Please submit a sample of "download.exe" to Virus Total --
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
The submission will then be tested against many different AV vendor's scanners.
That will give you an idea what it is and who recognizes it. In addition, unless told
otherwise, Virus Total will provide the sample to all participating vendors.

When you get the report, please post back the exact results.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm