Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the official sims
website and i follow what they say and they don't work. Why?
I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can anyone
tell me why it doesn't work.
Thanks

Alex

Make sure you get the CEP (color enabler program) from
http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
and install it.
Recolored objects will appear in the game under the object of their
respective base, like a recolored food processor will appear after you click
for the food processor (the recolor will be the one with the asterix on it.
Completely new objects will appear in the catalog itself with an asterix on
them.

Alex Kogan wrote:

> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the official sims
> website and i follow what they say and they don't work. Why?
> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can anyone
> tell me why it doesn't work.
> Thanks
>

> Alex

Not without a lot more information. What site are downloading from? What
are you doing with after?

-georg

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Make sure you get the CEP (color enabler program) from
> http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml
> and install it.
> Recolored objects will appear in the game under the object of their
> respective base, like a recolored food processor will appear after
> you click for the food processor (the recolor will be the one with
> the asterix on it. Completely new objects will appear in the catalog
> itself with an asterix on them.

You are assuming they meant Sims2. Since they didn't say which game they
were downloading for, it's hard to answer this question.

Jeanie

> "Alex Kogan" <alexNOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the
>> official sims website and i follow what they say and they don't
>> work. Why?
>> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website,
>> can anyone tell me why it doesn't work.
>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex

True :)
Well, if it was sims2, they should know now :)

georg wrote:
> Alex Kogan wrote:
>
>> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the official
>> sims website and i follow what they say and they don't work. Why?
>> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can
>> anyone tell me why it doesn't work.
>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex
>>

> Not without a lot more information. What site are downloading from?

Read it again. It's there... :)

--
--Cuth

> georg wrote:
> > Alex Kogan wrote:
> >
> >> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the official
> >> sims website and i follow what they say and they don't work. Why?
> >> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can
> >> anyone tell me why it doesn't work.
> >> Thanks
> >>

> >> Alex
> >>

> > Not without a lot more information. What site are downloading from?
>
> Read it again. It's there... :)
>
> --
> --Cuth

Unless of course, the OP was talking about sims1 :)
Different answers for similar problems

> "Cuthbert Gurdlestone" <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> georg wrote:

>> > Not without a lot more information. What site are downloading from?
>>
>> Read it again. It's there... :)
>>
>> --
>> --Cuth
>
> Unless of course, the OP was talking about sims1 :)
> Different answers for similar problems

There is also the possibility that someone could download objects for Sims1
and try to install them for Sims2 or the other way around.

Alex Kogan waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the
> official sims website and i follow what they say and they don't work.
> Why?
> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can
> anyone tell me why it doesn't work.
> Thanks
>

> Alex

Sims 1 or Sims 2?

--
--- Mike --- http://www.livin-it-up.net
Member of eKoOK (evil Kult of Object Kreators)

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 16:08:36 GMT, "Ohmikeghod"
<ohmikeghod@mirthlink.net> wrote:

>Alex Kogan waved a magic wand at the 'puter, changed into a moose
>(OOPS!) - tried again and came up with:
>> Hi i have tried downloading objects from other sites than the
>> official sims website and i follow what they say and they don't work.
>> Why?
>> I managed to download the objects from the official sims website, can
>> anyone tell me why it doesn't work.
>> Thanks
>>

>> Alex
>
>Sims 1 or Sims 2?

If you are downloading Sims 2 objects from the official site, try
saving the file instead of opening it. Then run the saved file. Does
that help?