I am running a AMD Athlon XP 2600 1.9 GHz

I put in a new hard drive, and now the new drive is shown as "F" drive.

Is there any way to get it back to "C"?
It is not a huge deal, but I have found a program that will not install
on F, it insists on C.

When I put the new srive in I left the old one in and transferred my
data over. If I formatted the hard drive could I change the letter to C?

Thanks,
Kathy

Kathy, if you do a clean install of XP ( delete and create a new
partition and format ) and leave the old drive disconnected until XP is up
and running.

Rich Barry wrote:
> Kathy, if you do a clean install of XP ( delete and create a new
> partition and format ) and leave the old drive disconnected until XP is up
> and running.
> "Kathy" <kmodahl@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>
>>I am running a AMD Athlon XP 2600 1.9 GHz
>>
>>I put in a new hard drive, and now the new drive is shown as "F" drive.
>>Is there any way to get it back to "C"?
>>It is not a huge deal, but I have found a program that will not install on
>>F, it insists on C.
>>
>>When I put the new srive in I left the old one in and transferred my data
>>over. If I formatted the hard drive could I change the letter to C?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Kathy

OK, how do I create a new partition?

Kathy

When you do the clean install there will be an option to delete and
create a new partition. For more info you can check here.
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html Check step 10.

> Rich Barry wrote:
>> Kathy, if you do a clean install of XP ( delete and create a new
>> partition and format ) and leave the old drive disconnected until XP is
>> up and running.
>> "Kathy" <kmodahl@shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>
>>>I am running a AMD Athlon XP 2600 1.9 GHz
>>>
>>>I put in a new hard drive, and now the new drive is shown as "F" drive.
>>>Is there any way to get it back to "C"?
>>>It is not a huge deal, but I have found a program that will not install
>>>on F, it insists on C.
>>>
>>>When I put the new srive in I left the old one in and transferred my data
>>>over. If I formatted the hard drive could I change the letter to C?
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>Kathy
>>

> OK, how do I create a new partition?
>
> Kathy

Thanks, got it working great. Back to C.

Kathy